Text autocompletion for xfrun

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Jul 7 01:32:34 CEST 2003

Hi everybody,

  I just put in a cool text completion for several of the xffm combo
boxes and I think it would be good to put it into xfrun too, if nobody
is against it. The text auto completion works more or less as the
"location" box in mozilla (although not the same). You just begin typing
and if it looks like something you typed before it will suggest the
completion (which can be ignored or modified). Since there are usually
similar stuff in the history, the order which auto completion will
suggest is the following:

  First place goes to the single last thing you typed in the combo box.
  For second, third, fourth and all other places, whatever you have
typed or chosen the most times. To break ties whatever was chosen most
recently wins (alphabetic order could be a different tie breaker).

  Some key bindings:
   Tab is used to jump from slash to slash in the "suggested" completion
text.
   CTL+backspace is used for clearing the box.

  The combo list does not grow too long, but the search for auto
completion is done on all historic values.

regards,

Edscott

ps. BTW, because of format changes your "run", "open with", "goto",
"select output directory" combo histories will be reinitialised with
this version of xffm (3.92.450).