RC1 (beta3) release notes

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sun Jul 6 22:59:27 CEST 2003

Hey all,

Suposing we would actually try and make that RC1 release, what has
changed between our releases (it seems there were no actual release
notes for beta2)?

Right now I have this:

Changes between rc1 and beta2:
* The panel has a new 'separator' item
* One more theme for xfwm4 in xfce4-extras

Changes between beta2 and beta1
* major improvements in Xinerama support
* new themes for the panel, based on SVG icons
* new packages have been added from xfce4-extras :
  - xfce4-sytray : a notification area for the panel
  - xfce4-themes : icon themes for the panel
* the panel is not focused anymore, by default, when you switch the
  focus using Alt+Tab keyboard shorcut
* the panel now allows you to specify a directory as launcher, that
  opens up the file manager (xffm) directly on it
* new UI layout for the mcs settings dialogs, much better looking
* xfce4-tips now includes several usefull "tips and tricks"
* several bug-fixes for Solaris

What else is there? Library changes? important bugs fixed (xfwm4)?

Let's get the release machinery going again ;-)

I had two more questions about the release:

1 - do we move iconbox to extras? (I'd also like to fix the warnings
    about a config file and the use of 'xfibx' in the GUI.

2 - do we release xfcalendar as part of extras?

We need to do an RC1 next week if we want to be able to call it 4.0 on
July 15 (assuming there are no large problems requiring more RC's).

	Jasper