Special session manager release

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Jul 6 19:26:55 CEST 2003

On Sun, 06, Jul 2003, Moritz Heiber wrote:

> Benny and me (well .. I have hardly done anything but creating the
> animation ;) created a special session manager package which can be
> found at:
> It features a little animation when restoring your session and will be
> a feature for further session manager releases. I hope you like it:-)

Ok, 0.0.17 is ready. The splash screen is now themable, see the file
docs/SplashThemes.txt and the defaults/splash/ for an example. The
logo files aren't limited to png. You can use anything that can be
loaded by a gdk-pixbuf loader (though I do not suggest svg, since it
takes a long time to load :-).

If you created a theme, which you think, is good enough to make it
public, mail it to me, and I put it online.

Besides that, xfce4-session now takes care to start apps from
~/Autostart/Desktop/ (this was already in 0.0.16), so any gkrellm or
whatever problems should be definetly gone, since the Autostart stuff
is done _AFTER_ all session aware apps are up (that includes xfwm4).

Have a nice day...

Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/