xfce4 problems with Launcher command

Brett I. Holcomb brettholcomb at charter.net
Sun Jul 6 18:50:22 CEST 2003

Well, I got it working.  I got a message (see below) and I noticed that it
was trying to do 640x480 for  winex while I run X at 1024x768 so I went back
through my winex config file.  I changed the Desktop = setting to 1024x768
(it was commented out so defaulted to 640x480).

I then went back into xfce4 and started HL.  It came up at 1024x768 with a
border around the window and it now works.

This is the message on my vc before I changed the winex desktop resolution.

	Message xfwm4: Unmanaged net_wm_state (window 0x1600007).

Does this mean anything?

What would make xfce3 run this program successfully yet xfce4 had to have the
desktop resolution of winex set to the same as the X resolution?

Thanks for all the help.

--

Brett I. Holcomb
AKA Grunt <><