xfce4-session

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 14:00:39 CEST 2003

Hi Benedikt:

--- Benedikt Meurer <Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>
wrote:

> > > The session manager can only handle session-aware
> apps
> > Is there a simple way to determine if the ap is X11R6
> > session aware(other than using xfce4-session of
> course)?
>
> Run in gdb and break at SmcOpenConnection() :-)
>
> > Have A Great Day!
> > Ric
>
> Benedikt
>
> --
Thanks for the info to run ap in gdb and break at
SmcOpenConnection()

About the taskbar:  I did get the CVS xfce4-utils, ... and
the error has gone away so it is running again.

Reboot and shutdown work too. All very nice!

Do you think that you could add to the todo list to
broadcast a message to all clients before the system goes
down for reboot/shutdown? Something on the order of
"System/server is going down for <reboot/shutdown> in
<hr:min:sec/NOW!>. "
I do not know what you have intended for the xfce-shutdown
but being able to schedule a time might be a nice future
feature, too.  There are other ways but to do it of course
but having it in XFce4 session mgmnt would be pretty cool.
Even a delayed shutdown of 5/10 min, with an appropriate
message, would be good, ithink.

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric