xfce4-session

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Jul 6 09:25:00 CEST 2003

On Sat, 05, Jul 2003, Ric wrote:

Ric,

> I got lucky and the first thing I tried (after my little
> break) worked:
>  * remove the previously(0.11) saved xfsm-<hostname>
> session file *

Yeah, it looks like your old session was broken, therefore
xfce4-session always tried to restore that session (which did not even
include a window manager 8-)...

> PROGRESS! XFce4-beta2.1 started up normally and everything,
> including xfce4-session, is running except the taskbar.

Grab the latest xfce-utils (and xfce4-iconbox if you use it) from CVS,
its now available with AnonCVS.

> I ran a few other tests and it looks like SM is working as
> much as it is supposed to be: some aps start exactly where
> they were(gkrellm, gnome-terminal, kpackage,...) Yeah!!!
> [ and others do not start at all(xterm ,aterm, gps,...) ]
> More about that later...

The session manager can only handle session-aware apps (only X11R6
session aware apps to be exact). I'm working on getting gnome-smproxy
or smproxy to work, but for now using smproxy to connect X11R5 apps
does not work.

> Thank you for the assistance.

You're welcome.

> Have A Great Day!