xfce4 problems with Launcher command

Brett I. Holcomb brettholcomb at charter.net
Sun Jul 6 03:46:39 CEST 2003

After that did not work I tried various other changes to the command line
for winex and nothing worked.  It appears that xfce4 just won't run this
command game.  However, xfce3 does it fine on the same system.

I did change the -toconsole to -console which skips the console loading and
gives me the main menu.  However, at that point I get an hourglass which
never goes away.  I have the game setup to run in 1024x768 but it appears
that under xfce4 it's in a different resolution.

> > Bret,
> >
> > Try this:
> >
> > Create $HOME/.xfwm4rc and put the following line (as is) :
> >
> > focus_hint=false
> >
> > and then restart xfwm4. Does it make any difference?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Olivier.
> >
> > On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 17:52, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> > > Managed was already set to yes but the program goes to full screen
> > > anyway. However, what is strange is that xfce3 has absolutely no
> > > problem running winex-cvs while xfce4 can not handle it with the same
> > > program.

Brett I. Holcomb
AKA Grunt <><