Funkiness with mozilla & beta 2

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Jul 5 19:13:38 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 12:59, Net Llama! wrote:

> > mozilla-1.2.1-26
> >
> > The stock mozilla that came with RH9.
>
> Oh.  I ripped that out immediately after installing RH9.  Redhat's
> mozilla RPMs are notoriously crappy.  You'd be far better off with the
> vanilla 1.3 or 1.4.

	I would if it wasn't such a tangled mess.  I really prefer to keep
things managed by rpm but for mozilla there's -

$ rpm -qa|grep mozilla
mozilla-chat-1.2.1-26
mozilla-nss-1.2.1-26
mozilla-js-debugger-1.2.1-26
mozilla-psm-1.2.1-26
mozilla-dom-inspector-1.2.1-26
mozilla-nspr-1.2.1-26
mozilla-devel-1.2.1-26
mozilla-nss-devel-1.2.1-26
mozilla-1.2.1-26
mozilla-mail-1.2.1-26
mozilla-nspr-devel-1.2.1-26

With all the fsck'ing GNOME dependencies it's a real pain in the @$$.
Maybe I'll get 1.4 and just run it from my home dir.

	I REALLY wish that packages weren't so complicatedly intertwined in
Linux anymore.  For example, I really like Evolution but to go through
the agony of trying to upgrade it (and all the things it needs and all
the things that break when you do) isn't worth it.

	Anyway, this has veered off topic.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.