Trigger launcher

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Fri Jul 4 19:12:58 CEST 2003

Hello,

currently there's a trigger launcher in CVS. It is ment for dialup
connections but for this purpuse it's useless.

If I click to connect, there's no guarantee that the connection is
really ok, but the icon state change. If I'm connected, I could be
disconnected but the icon state doesn't change. So the icon state has
nothing to do with the real state of the connection (in the "real
world").

So I suggest following:

Three commands:    1st command:      Off->On   (e.g. isdnctrl dial ippp0)
                   2nd command:      On->Off   (e.g. isdnctrl hangup ippp0)
                   3rd command:      State     returns 0 if 'On' and another
                                               code otherwise

The icon state should only depend on the output of the 3rd command, i.e.
just run it every two seconds (or so) and set the icon.

I looked at the code, the changes should be not very complicated, the
only problem for me is how to run the check every two seconds ... But if
someone if familar with the xfce code it would be trivial, I think. :-)

Because the only feature I'm missing in xfce4 is to turn on/off my
dialup connection it would be great if something in this direction would
be realized.

Regards,
Bernhard