Transparency in xfce4

gardnerj at provide.net gardnerj at provide.net
Thu Jul 3 16:21:53 CEST 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:31:49 +0200
 Luis Miguel Garcia <ktech at wanadoo.es> wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 10:08:02 -0400
> "Tet suo" <my_name_is_tetsuo at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Any plan on adding transparency to the panel? Is it
> possible?
>
> It could be VERY cool !!
>
> I think it mustn't be very difficult. Perhaps giving a
> look to another gtk2 app that has transparencies, such as
> XChat-2...

The one that always comes to my mind is Gkrellm2, which can
be made transparent by using transparent pngs. Xfce I think
has a base color that shows through if you try that same
technique with it. I'm not a coder so I'm not sure how
either is put together but they might be very different.
I'm sure it would be possible, but how much work would that
take?

Jonathan
--
The greatest thing you'll ever learn,