Plugin links on homepage

Francois Le Clainche fleclainche at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 2 14:01:52 CEST 2003

Le mercredi 02 juillet 2003 à 13:10, Bernhard Walle a écrit:

> Hello,

Hi Bernhard,

> I saw that there are more and more plugins available for the xfce4
> panel. Including them all in the the xfce4-extras tarball is not a very
> good idea in my opinion because both the plugin developer and the xfce4
> people have more work.

You are probably right.

> So what do you think about a "plugins" section on the xfce4 homepage
> which lists all plugins with a short description and a small screenshot
> and a (external) link to the plugin homepage. Just linke gkrellm does.

I think that contributed plugins should be validated by a XFce4
developer before appearing on the web site. Then they could be added on
the extras page of the web site :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/flc.web/fun/xfce/en/extras.html

with possible external link for download if necessary, and if authors
can ensure the web hosting of their work.

I will add screenshots for currently available plugins.

Regards
François
--
Francois Le Clainche