Build errors still with me

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Thu Jan 30 11:47:14 CET 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:22:55 -0800
Russ Pitman <rjp at belle.apana.org.au> wrote:
> make[2]: Entering directory /usr/src/xfce-devel/xfce4/panel'
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -g -O2 -c callbacks.c
> callbacks.c:27: gdk/gdkkeysyms.h: No such file or directory
> callbacks.c:28: libxfcegui4/xfce_togglebutton.h: No such file or
> directory In file included from xfce.h:23,
>
> > In the mean time I have no clue what the problem is. What are the
> > versions of automake, autoconf and libtool you have installed?
>
> automake1.4 autoconf-2.57-1 libtool-1.4.3-5
>
> Sorry I took so long to get back. Hope this helps

You have to install gtk2 not 1. I wonder how you got past configure that
way. Also the gcc command shown above is missing all important -I
directives again suggesting configure didn't finish properly.

You're automake is too old. You'd better upgrade to 1.7.2.

You probably have to do a make distclean before running autogen.sh and
you have to make sure autogen finishes successfully.

So, my suggestion:

* make sure gtk2 and gtk2-dev are installed, as well as libxml2(-dev)
* make distclean
* export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
(if you installed xfce4 libs in /usr/local)
* ./autogen.sh && make

	Jasper

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.freenode.net