Build errors still with me

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Jan 30 10:16:45 CET 2003

Russ,

> With a freshly installed /xfce-devel in /usr/src from cvs I followed the
> instructions from the Resource Home page exactly, built in the correct
> order.
>
> Make failed for
> 	xfce-mcs-manager
> 	xfce-mcs-plugins
> 	xfce4
> 	xfwm4
	>
> Each with the same error shown here,
>
> 	8888888
>
> I have't seen anything on the list about these errors so I guess that I
> either am doing something wrong or my system is missing some file?

...first time I'm reported such an error.

Make sure you have the following packages installed on your system :

- automake (GNU automake) 1.7.2
- autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
- GNU libtool 1.4.3

Those are the packages I use. It may work with older versions but I make no
guarantee...

Cheers,
Olivier.
--
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.
Designed for productivity,  it loads  and  executes  applications fast,