OT: Why I dislike C (was: Re: xffm changes)

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Tue Jan 28 19:34:11 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 23:52, Biju Chacko wrote:

> > That would seem to me to be very cumbersome.  I think I'd spend more
> > time in man than coding.  But maybe it's just that my brain (or what's
> > little of it that's left) can't grok C.
>
> IMHO, C is one of the simplest languages of all to learn. It has very
> few core constructs -- those can be mastered in a week or so. After that
> evrything is just variations of a common theme. Just keep the
> documentation of whatever you are currently working on handy. There is
> no need to learn about every possible library out there.

	I have found php to be easier to get a basic handle on that C.  And I
am a wizard with awk.  My problem is that I don't have the time to
devote to working at programming (in any language) enough to become
useful in any language.  :-(

--
"It's time to KISS your BOT goodBYYYYYYEEEEEE!!!!!"
                -- Metabee, 'Medabots'