xfce4 development

Moritz Heiber MisterMoe at hackerboard.de
Tue Jan 28 12:50:24 CET 2003

> Hi Botsie,

Yeah, hi Botsie ;-)

> > * Minimised window icons: I don't use the taskbar, and selecting from a
> > menu is awkward. This is the one thing preventing me from using
> > XFDesktop.
>
> That one should not be much work, given that Thomas has already done the
> job in the filer :)
>
> > * Some kind of configurable desktop menu.
>
> Yes.
>
> > * Any others? These the ones that bug me ...
>
> Keyboard shorcuts. I should take care of that with xfwm4 since it already
> grabs a bunch of keys anyway.

* AFAIK Sound handling is still missing .. means, some menu for xfsound or
a complete rewrite of it.
Although I'd never used the desktop icons rather often for navigating
through my tasks having this feature implented might bring a lot of
former xfce3 users to xfce4. And as Olivier said, it isn't far away from
being implented ...

> > Other than these ... I think a feature freeze is great idea. Perhaps
> > we'll finally start working on documentation ... :-)

Hehe I think thats thing Olivier had in mind when announcing a feature
freeze ;-p

> And we need to give times to translators. That's why only a couple of
> packages support i18n yet, because I don't want people to start making
> localization if the messages are going to change before the final
> release...

Yes, indeed, although I'm trying to keep track of the changes made to the
already translated parts via the list or the Changelogs its impossible to
catch all of them, so a feature freeze would make translating a lot easier
;-)

> Cheers,
> Olivier.

Bye,