OT: Why I dislike C (was: Re: xffm changes)

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon Jan 27 21:00:43 CET 2003

On 27 Jan 2003 14:23:51 -0500
Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:

> 	How can one keep a full list of everything that is defined in
> 	all the
> possible .h files when coding in C?  I'm not trying to be obtuse, I
> really want to know.  Over the years I have coded in a number of
> different languages (Jack of all trades, master of none) and, in my
> old age, have decided that languages that need separate header files
> are just to much work for me to deal with.  Same with languages that
> have a gazillion-and-one unintelligible variables.
>
> 	Is there really some way I could learn to program in C (or even
> 	C++)
> that would make sense to me?  If so I'd be more than happy to
> contribute code to all kinds of places.

Well that's really why you need documentation. And you do need to
familiarize yourself a bit with the standard C library and in our
case GTK. No different from other languages I would think.

header files are useful for separating exportated interfaces from
internal implementation. Most languages do that one way or another,
isn't it?

	Jasper

> --
> "It's time to KISS your BOT goodBYYYYYYEEEEEE!!!!!"
>                 -- Metabee, 'Medabots'

IRC channel: #xfce on irc.freenode.net