Some crazy thoughts

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon Jan 27 16:51:26 CET 2003

On 27 Jan 2003 09:36:26 -0600
edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:

> Jasper dixit:
>
> >* Get rid of 'traditional style'
> >Come on this is the 21st century! The future is clear and it's full
> >of flat buttons ...
> >I got this idea when I noticed the dialog still doesn't properly
> >handle the cases for which traditional style should be disabled. So
> >rather then
> >fix the dialog I could just rip out the feature :)
>
> Styles come and go, and what's old now will be new tomorrow. I
> remember when I was 12 it was in style for girls to show their
> belly-buttons. And now it's in style again.

Yeah, yeah, I'm old too you know :)

Anyway, the more general idea is that I kinda feel it's a useless
feature to have these two styles. Especially now that there are items
that don't have popup buttons, so they will look odd in traditional
style.

BTW, the popup buttons are named, so you can still give them a different
color in a theme.

> >* Get rid of minibuttons alongside the desktop switcher.
> >They can be replaced with the systembuttons plugin. This can look
> >like this:
>
> It would only be the best thing to do.

So, 1 - 0 for removing the minibuttons from the switcher ...

	Jasper

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.freenode.net