One more about xfdesktop

Jonathan Gardner gardnerj at allvantage.com
Thu Jan 23 05:17:34 CET 2003

On Wednesday, the 22th day of January, in the year of our Lord 2003, at
09:33 AM the esteemed person of letters, Net Llama! quoth:

NL> On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
NL> > On Tuesday, the 21th day of January, in the year of our Lord 2003,
NL> > at 08:13 PM the esteemed person of letters, Net Llama! quoth:

NL> > NL> did you use too much tinting or shading perhaps?
NL> > NL>
NL> >
NL> > I didn't specify any "amout" just "-tint red" and it DID work at
NL> > first. That's more of the odd part.
NL>
NL> So what's the full aterm command that you're using?

OK here's the command:
aterm -tr -trsb -tint red -fg white -sl 500

I did some experimenting. I thoroughly restarted X by telinit(ing) to 3
and back to 5 and then tried rebooting totally but when I've got xfdesktop
running the aterm body is just displaying a blank tinted background while
the scrollbar shows the background image under it (weird), but when I'm
running xfbd4 instead I get perfect transparency. So the problem is
somewhere in the interaction between my aterm and the xfdesktop on my
system, but I'm at a loss as to what it is.

Jonathan

--
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.