xffm idea

gardnerj gardnerj at allvantage.com
Wed Jan 22 17:11:30 CET 2003

Maybe this is a silly idea, but seeing as how tabs seem to be all the rage now days. What with tabbed browsing, GAIM's got tabbed IMing, some of the heavier weight terminals have tabbed terminalling.
Maybe we could add an option to opening folders to open in a new tab.
What would be the benefit?
Well sometimes a tree gets too long to easily drag and drop files up and down the tree, and it might look more elegant than having two xffms open to drag and drop between them. Just drag to the tab.
Of course I admit I haven't fully explores xffm's functions so maybe there's a more logical or easier way to do what I describe.

Jonathan