xfdesktop

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon Jan 20 17:19:02 CET 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:55:13 -0500 (EST)
Chuck Mead <csm at MoonGroup.com> wrote:

> An even deeper problem I see is that it appears there is no place to
> set the number of desktops... when I right click on the panel to
> select the properties for the Desktop switcher and then select the
> Properties button I get an error message that says:
>
> Multi-Channel Manager Error: No
> such plugin "workspaces"
>
> Clues?

Yeah, that's my fault (is everything my fault today? :) The channel I
meant to open is actually called "workspace" now -- perhaps I
accidentally changed it ...

And even if I would give the correct name the manager dialog will open
behind the panel dialog when the panel layer is 'Top'. I don't see a
clear way to solve this, so I'll probably remove that button completely.

Now, the way to set the number of workspaces is open the settings
manager and select the workspaces dialog. Running 'xfce-setting-show
workspace' should also work.

	Jasper

PS
I'm working on a fix for the other issues.

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.freenode.net