xffm make crashes while scrambling

Russ Pitman rjp at belle.apana.org.au
Fri Jan 10 00:22:18 CET 2003

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 08:50:17AM -0600, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> El mi?, 08-01-2003 a las 20:36, Russ Pitman escribi?:
> > New here with zero developer capabilities.
> >
> > Hope no one minds.
> >

> > On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 09:22:29PM -0500, Jeff Blank wrote:
> > > I just checked out the most current cvs of all of the xfce4 packages and am
> > > building from a clean directory.  I am up to xffm and I had 2 problems.  first
> > > ./configure did not create a makefile.in for make.  I then used autogen.sh
> > > which kicked me out with the same missing file error.  Just for the heck of
> > > it, I then typed make and lo and behold something happened!  Well, until it
> > > tried to start making all in scramble.  heres the error dump from it
> > ----
> > I gave up when there was no 'configure' executable in the package.
> > Went back a few minutes ago and 'configure' is there now :-)
> > However no 'Makefile.in' so ./configure dies right near the end :-(
> > Will try again later...
> > I only need this module to have a complete set.
> >
> > It will be nice to actually try to get xfce4 running.
>
> I usually do a 'autogen.sh', but I figured a 'configure' would be
> usefull. Now I see that I should put in a 'Makefile.in'. I'll put it
> there in an hour or two.
>
> Edscott

Thanking you... Actually I tried 'autogen.sh' but it fails for me each time.
It can't find aclocal and neither can I. It must be in some package not on
my system,any ideas?

I'll get xffm now and have another go at getting xfce4 up this evening.

Cheers

--
 russ
linux.conf.au 2003	  The Australian Linux Technical Conference