xffm [Was:Re: Small updates to libgui and settings manager dialog]

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Wed Jan 8 18:24:50 CET 2003

On 08 Jan 2003 09:09:00 -0600
edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:

[...]

> It looks nice. xffm only has one dialog to confirm remove. As soon as
> I have some time I'll see if it can be replaced by the libxfcegui
> dialog.

I must confess your dialog is very 'different' from what I'm used to :)
The dialogs in libxfcegui4 are not really useful for you in this
particular situation, I'm afraid, because they are too simple. You want
to have more control of where to remove things to (wastebasket or
oblivion :)

I would suggest a few changes to your dialog though. I try to explain
with a little ASCII 'art' what I mean.

Curently you have:

----------------------------
          ------
         | ICON |
          ------

  "Remove: /path/to/file ?"

    <  No  >   <  Yes  >

 (x) Wastebasket ( ) Delete
----------------------------

More familiar (and more in line with the dialogs in libxfcegui4) to me
would be something like:

---------------------------------------

  ------      "Remove: /path/to/file"
 | ICON |
  ------    (x) Wastebasket ( ) Delete

                    <  No  > <  Yes  >

I think you maybe be able to achieve this by using a gtk_message_dialog
and add the radiobuttons to the dialog->vbox. It's not that much harder
to create by hand anyway...

I also found an easy way to hang xfmm: move a file to trash, collect
trash, delete all trash, try to open the local waste basket -> hang

It's look better and better, edscott! Good work.

	Jasper