xffm stuff

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Feb 26 01:28:08 CET 2003

El mar, 25-02-2003 a las 15:41, Jens Luedicke escribió:
> On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 21:45, Jens Luedicke wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 21:13, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> >
> > > Go ahead with the indent (use latest cvs, I just commited changes).
> > > What do you mean by "context-menu re-design"?
> >
> > ok.
>
> I committed the indented code.
>
> > context-menu re-design = moving some items out of the File sub-menu
> > to be directly accessible.
>
> I tried to re-arrange it in glade, but I found some problems:
>
> the popup menu is hidden and every item is shown step by step when needed?

Yes. This is to use the same menu elements for different context menus.
This is taken care of in lib/menu.c but it needs a menu.i file to work
in the same fashion as widgets.i. This way only the .i file need be
modified to change what's shown or hidden.

> I created a possible arrangement with glade and made a diff.
>
> When glade creates a new widget it uses names and identifiers based
> on the current language/locale setting. this is bad. it causes
> some distraction when working with widgets within the xffm code.

Yea. I guess the best is to type in a new name instead of using what
glade defaults to. If you want to get things done quicker, it's easier
just to move the existent menu elements where they are supposed to be
(only create new ones for actions that are not already there). Then the
menu.c file should be modified so the correct elements are shown and
hidden.

Edscott

ps. You might add a xffm.2.glade file to the cvs with your changes. This
might be easier to generate and look at than a diff file.