xfce4-panel bug

James Tappin james at tappin.me.uk
Sun Feb 23 22:55:39 CET 2003

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:34:03 +0100
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:

> > Sadly it doesn't look to be wholly fixed. The attached is the result I
> > get with a checkout from today.
> >

> Strange, it works for both Olivier and myself. Did you do a make
> distclean before building. Or is it possible you have an old version
> installed somewhere else on your system?

I have just done a make distclean, rebuild and install, and a fresh login
and I still see the problem. I suspect that it is related to having the
panel in the top layer (a habit of an old KDE user who hates to have
anything get on top of the panel).

I also notice there is another glitch that has crept in lately. On login
the panel now observes the margin settings. It didn't do so a week or so
ago. (I use a 38 pixel top margin, and put the panel at the top -- thus
maximised windows go just up to the panel but don't overlap it).

James

--
James Tappin,             O__      "I forget the punishment for using
james at tappin.me.uk       --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering