Building xffm

James Tappin james at tappin.me.uk
Sun Feb 23 11:07:40 CET 2003

Some time in the last week xffm seems to have become unbuildable. It
appears that there is no Makefile.in in the plugin-mcs directory. I've
tried to generate it with the autogen.sh script, but that gives the error:

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

And generates a wholly unusable Makefile (even when I hack the script to
explicitly use automake-1.7 and aclocal-1.7 as Debian/Sid still defaults
to 1.4).

A fresh checkout to clean up the mess just results in:

Making all in scramble
make[2]: Entering directory `/gsoft/build/Xfce4/xfce-devel/xffm/scramble'
Makefile:218: .deps/scramble.Po: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `.deps/scramble.Po'.  Stop.

Which wasn't a problem before.

Can anyone help?
	James

--
James Tappin,             O__      "I forget the punishment for using
james at tappin.me.uk       --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering