OT: Eclipse [WAS Re: XFDesktop configurable menu]

Mark C. Chu-Carroll mcc at watson.ibm.com
Thu Feb 20 00:12:01 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 17:35, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 22:57, Mark C. Chu-Carroll wrote:
> > (As it turns out, it's the new builds
> > of Eclipse which really need 2.2.)
>
> Talking about Eclipse, it seems I can't get the current CDT to work with
> M5. And I can't get Eclipse 2.0.2 to work with gtk-2.2.x either, so I'm
> stuck with the Milestone builds, without CDT ? Any hint (I've spent
> quite a few times digging and searching w/out success) ?

I have very little contact with the CDT team, but I'll see what I
can find out. I have noticed that Eclipse does *not* really like 2.2,
but seems quite happy with 2.0.9. From what I know, the SWT folks do
know about the 2.2 problems, and are working on it.

There's been a lot of change between the 2.0.2 and the recent builds, so
it wouldn't be too surprising that CDT has some work to do to work
under the recent milestones. But the latest milestones are rapidly
approaching  2.1 release candidate status, so if they haven't made the
transition yet, they'll need to soon. When I get a chance, I'll take a
look and see what issues are causing the holdup is on CDT with the 2.1.
CDT isn't a high priority project, so it may turn out to be something
very easy to fix.

I'll need a few days to look into it; I'm neck deep in a cascade of
Stellation bugs right now, rapidly followed by a paper deadline, which
is going to eat up my time.

	-Mark
--
Mark Craig Chu-Carroll,  IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
*** The Stellation project: Advanced SCM for Collaboration
*** Work: mcc at watson.ibm.com/Home: markcc at bestweb.net