xfdesktop not compiling on BSD

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Wed Feb 12 16:51:47 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 21:01, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> On 12 Feb 2003 09:07:26 -0600
> edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:
>
> > Jasper, Biju:
> >
> > xfdesktop compilation (gcc 2.95.4) fails:
> >
> > In file included from main.h:38,
> >                  from backdrop.c:24:
> > debug.h:25: syntax error
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > The line of code is:
> >
> > # if defined __cplusplus ? __GNUC_PREREQ (2, 6) : __GNUC_PREREQ (2, 4)
> >
> > That's a first for me. Never seen the use of "? :" in a compiler
> > directive. But that's not what causes the compilation to stop. It's
> > the __GNUC_PREREQ () which apparently does not work. Maybe it would
> > work to make configure script require gcc >= 2.6 and change the
> > directive to
> >
> > # if defined __cplusplus ? 1: 0
> >
> > (Who uses gcc < 2.90 anyway?)
> >

> Botsie, you added that code, didn't you? At least, I can't remember
> doing it myself :)
>
> I don't really see the added value in showing the function name. You
> already get the line number, isn't that sufficient? I'd vote for just
> removing it entirely.

Actually, I find the function name the most useful part of it.

I am trying to commit a fix, but SF doesn't seem to want it -- I keep
getting an 'unexpected EOF' error.

patch is attached, test and let me know if it works.

-- b

PS: On an unrelated note, you nasty Dutchmen just utterly humiliated us
Indians at the cricket world cup. Thats sort of like having the Koreans
beat Brazil in soccer. Good Work! We deserved it.