xffm idea for wastebaskets

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Tue Feb 11 20:49:32 CET 2003

El mar, 11-02-2003 a las 09:21, Jens Luedicke escribió:
> On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 20:59, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
>
> > The trash collection cache based on browsing would have to go in
> > add_folder.c where the dirctories are read. A g_hash would be necesary
> > to avoid opening the dbh file unnecesarrily (this would be populated on
> > startup). Testing would be necesary to check if it does not slow things
> > down with large directories.
> >

> What do you think about a trash collection every time something is moved
> to the wastebasket?

Yes. That is what I understood from Jasper's comments.

the wasteit() function could call collect_trash().
> And collect_trash() would only scan in the current directory (where the
> file was removed - and no deep recursive scanning).

There is no need to scan since you just moved and know exactly what
should be added to the trash bin database. I've added a preferences
option that will automatically put stuff that's moved to wastebaskets
into the trash collection database (not yet functional, though)

Edscott