xffm idea for wastebaskets

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Feb 10 17:35:44 CET 2003

El lun, 10-02-2003 a las 09:42, Jens Luedicke escribió:
> On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 15:16, Jens Luedicke wrote:
> > Hi ...
> >
> > to improve the speed while searching for wastebaskets,
> > I have the following idea:
> >
> > whenever a new wastebasket is created, its full
> > path is added to a file. The trash collection would
> > only need to read over this file instead of reading over
> > the whole file-tree.
>
> I have some working code now. Some things still don't work
> but I think I can commit it later today or tomorrow.

Try to make the file a dbh file. That will allow for easy adding and
removing entries. When creating the file, add entries for the xftree,
nautilus, kde and rox trash cans so they will be searched as well. Also,
only search those directories which lie beneath the path of the selected
entry when the trash collection operation is begun.

Edscott