Re Status of xfce4

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sun Feb 9 20:03:10 CET 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:16:27 -0800 (PST)
manny rosa <manny_robot_freak at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would like to contribute. I can help with docs and
> maybe some code. I just need some guidelines. Like for
> example, will you use generate html documentation, or
> ps/pdf for that matter using xml+xls--->(xml
> processor)--->html/pdf/ps?

We don't have much documentation yet, so we also don't have much of a
guideluine yet. As far as I know the preliminary text for xfce4-panel is
the only documentation currently available.

I used docbook xml to write it, which I hope everyone agrees is the way
to go. If you build xfce4 you can recreate the documentation by typing
'make html' in the doc/html/ directory. The xml source is in doc/xml/

The text is terribly unfinished and needs a lot of work. If you could
have a look at it, that would be great! You should either write it in
docbook xml or plain text, which can easily be converted to docbook.

Let me know if you are interested. Also I can try to answer any question
you have.

I hope some other maintainers will clarify their thoughts on
documentation here as well. Like whether they want to make the initial
docs themselves, or perhaps they even have some documentation partly
ready.

It's important to keep track of who is working on what, so if you or
anyone else decides to work on something please inform this list.

	Jasper

PS
Should there also be some sort of 'General overview of XFce 4' besides
the manuals for the separate programs? And where should that be put in
CVS?

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.freenode.net