Status of xfce4

Marc Hildebrand marc.hildebrand at t-online.de
Sat Feb 8 17:32:43 CET 2003

Just two "feature enhancements requests" because I'm perfectly happy
with the way xfce4 is approaching.
Is there a plan to implement "dockapps" like wmaker and fluxbox have?
(These are the two I know they support it) By implementing I mean
If not, we should think of more panel-apps like device mounting,
volume-control and so on.
I know the average user will want this and I like the above two too.

Second thought is what about an aoutohide-function for the panel?
The two desktop-biggies have this and I like the space I save on my
laptops display.

Apart from that, I think xfce4 is ready for rc1. As a former fluxbox
user I'm pretty used to "joe .fluxbox/menu" and especially flux is a
good example for user contribs, the gui menu-editor is a contributed one.

Keep up the good work.
marc.