XFDesktop configurable menu

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Feb 4 18:21:10 CET 2003

On 04 Feb 2003 17:53:40 +0100
Jens Luedicke <jens at irs-net.com> wrote:

> Is this file re-read every time I open the menu? I modified
> the file but my changes were not applied directly.

Nope, not yet. That's one of the things I wanted to suggest to botsie as
well.

Shouldn't be too difficult to do. Just stat the file and check the
modification time. Recreate the menu if the file was changed.

The other thing I was wondering is that the menu uses the ItemFactory
interface. This means you convert from xml to C, then from C to
itemfactory xml and then gtk turns it to C. We probably should build the
menu by hand ourselves, although that may be a bit more work.

	Jasper

> --
> Jens Luedicke <jens at irs-net.com>
>
> "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with
> substance."
> --Sam Brown

IRC channel: #xfce on irc.freenode.net