display manager

BluPhoenyx quazar at dcnet2000.com
Fri Dec 19 19:40:27 CET 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:28:41 -0800 (PST)
Erik Harrison <erikharrison at sluggy.net> wrote:

> Well, I despise gdm but I'm not sure that anyone has been actually
> working on xfdm at all, or even that it is a high priority.
>
> -Erik
>
> --- fboffo at inf.ufrgs.br wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> have just signed in this dev list.
>
> I noticed that there is a display manager in the plan list. (xfdm)
>
> Have anyone started coding some thing? A xfce display manager
> is a real wanted module or just another item in the wish list?

FWIW, there is a Xfce4 centric distro which has a DM. I only ran across
this by accident on one of the other devel sites (IE not Sourceforge). I
think the name is Polar and the description at that time claimed KDE
instead of Xfce4. I'm off to the doctor so I'll try and locate the link
when I get back.

Mike T.

Linux user #169067
(G)aim ID: Linux Lunatyk