xfce 4.0.2, countdown

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Tue Dec 16 23:11:49 CET 2003

Hallo,

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 at 22:52 (+0100), Bachman Kharazmi wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:38:13 +0100
> Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I don't get your point... We can't delay a release just because
> > the Debian site is down... Or maybe I simply did not understand.
>
> Shouldn't we try to find a temporary mirror for the packages then?
> I'am not a debianuser myself, but my personal opinion are that I
> wouldn't really like that there're releases without working mirrors
> for mainly dist based packages. When there're working packages
> available offline.
>
> I guess the main project should also look after so new releases are
> available for most users. I think many xfce users run debian as
> distro.
>
> Maybe it's someone else work to maintain working mirrors and not yours
> Oliver.

My personal opinion:

It's the job of the debian maintainer and if he wants to put the debian
packages on another machines online, he should ask somebody here to help
with webspace.

But we/Oliver cannot wait with releases just because Debian server are
offline. Debian people don't wait with their releases until XFce4 is
stable, too. If you always wait until something is done, you never can
make releases.

Regards,
Bernhard