xfce 4.0.2, countdown

Daniel Ciaglia daniel at ciaglia.de
Tue Dec 16 22:34:38 CET 2003

Hi,
on Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 10:13:05PM +0100, you wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:46:18 +0100
> Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I plan to freeze 4.0.2 as soon as possible, is that okay? Edscott, any
> > pending changes in stable xffm? Anything that needs to be fixed?
>
> Before releasing any version, make sure there're site with contrib.
> packages working. I read a post today that there're no available
> mirror with deb packages. We should try to fire up mirrors that works.

Aehm, I use xfce4 from the unstable tree of debian. So there are some
packages[0] at the servers ;-)

And as Martin wrote some time ago, there seems to be no chance for xfce4
to make it into sarge.

> I can fix some place for the debs if that's what you need.

Well, if you are willing to maintain the backports, no problem for me to
put the debs on hannelore (remember, it's an Debian-Mirror too).

CU,
Daniel

[0]
daniel at swing:~/test/gls1394/libraw1394-perl$ apt-cache search xfce4
libxfce4mcs-client-1 - Client library for Xfce4 configure interface
libxfce4mcs-dev - Development files for libxfce4mcs-client and -manager
libxfce4mcs-manager-1 - Manager library for Xfce4 configure interface
libxfce4util-1 - Utility functions library for Xfce4
libxfce4util-dev - Development files for libxfce4util-0
libxfcegui4-1 - Basic GUI C functions for Xfce4
libxfcegui4-dev - Development files for libxfcegui4-0
xfce4 - Installs XFce4 core and scripts to set it up
xfce4-artwork - Additional artwork for the XFce4 Desktop Environment
xfce4-battery-plugin - Battery monitor plugin for the XFce4 panel
xfce4-clipman-plugin - Clipboard history plugin for the XFce4 panel
xfce4-datetime-plugin - Date and time plugin for the XFce4 panel
xfce4-diskperf-plugin - Disk performance display plugin for the XFce4 panel
xfce4-goodies - Enhancements for the XFce4 Desktop Environment
xfce4-iconbox - Iconbox for the Xfce4 Desktop Environment
xfce4-mcs-manager - Settings manager for Xfce4
xfce4-mcs-manager-dev - Development files and static plugins
xfce4-mcs-plugins - Special modules for the xfce4-mcs-manager
xfce4-minicmd-plugin - Mini-command line plugin for the XFce4 panel
xfce4-mixer - XFce4 Mixer frontend
xfce4-netload-plugin - Network load monitor plugin for the XFce4 panel
xfce4-notes-plugin - Sticky notes plugin for the XFce4 desktop
xfce4-panel - The Xfce4 desktop environment panel
xfce4-panel-dev - The Xfce4 panel development files
xfce4-showdesktop-plugin - A show desktop button for the XFce4 panel
xfce4-systemload-plugin - System load monitor plugin for the XFce4 panel
xfce4-systray - Systray panel plugin for XFce4 panel
xfce4-themes - Theme files for Xfce4
xfce4-toys - Eyes plugin for XFce4 panel and xfce4-tips
xfce4-trigger-launcher - Panel plugin to start/stop programs
xfce4-utils - Various tools for XFce
xffm4 - File manager for the Xfce4 desktop environment
xffm4-icons - Icons for xffm4, the FM of XFce4
xfprint4 - Printer GUI for Xfce4
xfwm4 - window manager of the XFce project
xfwm4-themes - Theme files for xfwm4
xfce4-session - XFce4 Session Manager
daniel at swing:~/test/gls1394/libraw1394-perl$

--
|           Daniel Ciaglia          |        "Count the Moon."       |