Start applications on specific desktops

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Fri Dec 12 02:31:59 CET 2003

-- Luis Miguel Garc?a <ktech at wanadoo.es> wrote
(on Thursday, 11 December 2003, 02:28 PM +0100):
> hey guys... is there a specific way to start an app in an especified
> desktop?

Not in xfwm/ce4. However, you can use wmctrl or devilspie for this sort
of action. I haven't tried out devilspie yet, but I do use wmctrl for it
-- I simply create a shell script wrapper for the application in
question, execute the application, sleep for a second or two, and have
wmctrl move the app to the appropriate desktop (based on application
title as reported in the NETWM hints).

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
http://weierophinney.net/matthew/