session manager splash screen

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Dec 8 16:55:02 CET 2003

> 1. What's the deal with preview.png? Is it required?

Its optional, but should be provided.

> I noticed in the Default theme, logo.png is 350x350 and preview.png is
> 250x250. Does preview.png have to be that much (or close) smaller than
> logo.png for some reason?

In general it can be of every size.

> 2. How do I distribute the theme? I'm guessing just create a tarball of
> the directory containing everything and untar it in
> $datadir/xfce4/splash.

Create a tar.gz file with the directory that contains splash.theme and
the images in it. The user can then install the theme using the "Install
theme" method build into the settings dialog.

> 3. Are you guys accepting splash themes for inclusion in xfce4-session?

Currently no, but you may want to publish your theme on some theme site
on the internet (freshmeat, themedepot, etc.).

> Thanks
> Joshua Cummings

regards,
Benedikt