Feature request : Automatic window grouping in the taskbar

Eduard Roccatello xfce at roccatello.it
Fri Dec 5 11:20:52 CET 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 22:10, Eddahbi Karim wrote:
> I wish than Xfce automatically group windows that share the same
> application in the taskbar.
> I know that if there's too many windows in the taskbar, Xfce group them
> but I want to force the groupping, even if there's enough place for
> others window.
i think this is a nice feature but i prefer it activable by the user.
a workaround for this thing may be to make user choice when to group the
item of the taskbar adding a mcs plugin option, but this require a rewrite
of netk_tasklist code 'cause it autogroup when boxes skrink to
DEFAULT_GROUPING_LIMIT.
We could also add an option to make users choose between AUTO group, ALWAYS
group and NO group at all. It seems quite simple and not require any
rewrite in the libs.

See you!
--
Eduard <Master^Shadow> Roccatello