XFce4 And Gentoo

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Thu Dec 4 23:08:31 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 14:27, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> If I need to keep configuration for samba, lpr, user database, upsd
> (nut), what would be the best path to migrate a server from RH to
> Gentoo?

Hmm, good question.  I've only used Gentoo for more "desktop-like"
boxes, so switching wasn't hard (just copying over files and
directories).  My guess is, unless RH runs a modified version of a
program, if shouldn't be too hard.  I mean, gentoo is pretty much
pristine for most programs.  I do believe, though, that CUPS+samba is
used more often/easily than lprng+samba, so that might cause problems.

You should ask this question at the Gentoo Forums here (probably in
Installing Gentoo):

http://forums.gentoo.org

More likely than not, you'll get a pretty good answer.  I'm guessing a
few people have done it and they can help.
--
I am a theoretical chemist.  Fear me!
 Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/