XFce4 And Gentoo

Tuukka Mäkinen tukem at iki.fi
Thu Dec 4 22:57:14 CET 2003

edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> If I need to keep configuration for samba, lpr, user database, upsd
> (nut), what would be the best path to migrate a server from RH to
> Gentoo?

How sophisticated system you have with these? I wouldn't expect copying
some files from /etc and /home are too hard to accomplish. Another issue
is do you have spare disk to use for install?

If you have spare disk I would suggest you create chroot inside your
Redhat system instead of booting from Gentoo livecd but otherwise follow
Gentoo install guide.

-Tuukka