Feature request : Automatic window grouping in the taskbar

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Thu Dec 4 22:19:36 CET 2003

Op do 04-12-2003, om 22:10 schreef Eddahbi Karim:
> Hi,
>
> If I'm in the wrong place, tell me.

This is certainly the correct place.

> I wish than Xfce automatically group windows that share the same
> application in the taskbar.
> I know that if there's too many windows in the taskbar, Xfce group them
> but I want to force the groupping, even if there's enough place for
> others window.
>
> There's a same feature in Gnome 2.4 and I really like it.
>
> Thank you,

I think I'd like to see this as well, or change the taskbar to always
use grouping, but other people may not agree.

As a side note, I read that someone improved the grouping in libwnck, by
properly using the WM_CLASS property. I would like to see this in our
version as well -- currently only windows from the same process are
grouped.

	Jasper