multimedia keys

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Apr 29 23:14:42 CEST 2003

Laurent,

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 21:31, CHEA Laurent wrote:
> First of all I'd like to precise that I'm french so my english may not be that correct :)

Hehehe, well, nobody's perfect :) -I'm french too-

> I had a look on the "keythemerc" file, and tried this :
>
> shortcut_1_key=XF86AudioPlay
> shortcut_1_exec=xmms -t
>
> but it doen't seem to work, are multimedia keys supported ? (my ~/.xmodmaprc is correct and works well with fluxbox).

I'm not sure that "XF86AudioPlay" is the correct keysym.

I have this in my XF86keysym.h :

#define XF86XK_Standby		0x1008FF10
#define XF86XK_AudioLowerVolume	0x1008FF11
#define XF86XK_AudioMute	0x1008FF12
#define XF86XK_AudioRaiseVolume	0x1008FF13
#define XF86XK_AudioPlay	0x1008FF14
#define XF86XK_AudioStop	0x1008FF15
#define XF86XK_AudioPrev	0x1008FF16
#define XF86XK_AudioNext	0x1008FF17
#define XF86XK_HomePage		0x1008FF18
#define XF86XK_Mail		0x1008FF19
#define XF86XK_Start		0x1008FF1A
#define XF86XK_Search		0x1008FF1B
#define XF86XK_AudioRecord	0x1008FF1C

Actually, I really don't know, I've never used those...

> I had some other questions, is there a way, when "alt tabbing", not to have "xfce panel" or the windows that are minimized in the taskbar ?

No, these are there on purpose. Remove the minimized apps from the
taskbar and the taskbar becomes useless IMO.

> Will there be a behaviour like *box have, that Alt + right clickanddrag  resize windows ?

Oh..., I didn't think of that, we'll see.

> And Alt + Left click doesn't move xmms.

Borderless windows can't be moved using Alt+Click. That's on purpose
(borderless windows usually gives the user a way to move them,
otherwise, they don't want to be moved :) )

> And finally, how can I configure the root menu ? :)

Edit ~/.xfce4/menu.xml

You can use /etc/xfce4/menu.xml as a sample (note that it's not
necessarily located in /etc/xfce4, it depends what you specified as sa
sysconfdir when you performed ./configure)

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org