problems compiling on solaris 2.6

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Tue Apr 29 04:21:45 CEST 2003

El lun, 28-04-2003 a las 08:11, K. Prasad escribió:
> Hi All,

Hiya Kameshwar:

<snip>

> 6.statfs fn call in fstat.c,xffm. The prototypes of
> these fns are probably different from the BSD
> versions.
> statfs on solaris has two extra parameters. probably
> the fn statvfs has to be used?

Benny put in some code for this. Problem is with the compiler
directives. This is the story of the code:

#if defined(HAVE_GETMNTENT)
[HP-UX, Linux, SunOS 4.x code here]
#elif defined(HAVE_GETFSENT)
[AIX, BSD, OSF1, ULTRIX code here]
#elif defined(HAVE_GETVFSENT)
[Solaris code here]
#endif

originally the HAVE_GETVFSENT was before HAVE_GETFSENT, which was OK
except with FreeBSD, because FreeBSD has a statvfs but it is different
from Solaris. So I changed the order and hoped solaris did not have a
statfs different from BSD (but I had no way to test).

If we know what to put in the  #elif defined(HAVE_GETFSENT) so that
Solaris will skip to the #elif defined(HAVE_GETVFSENT) the problem would
be history. Maybe one of the following is defined in xffm/config.h after
running the configure script?

/* Define if statfs takes 2 args and struct statfs has a field named
f_bsize.
   (4.3BSD, SunOS 4, HP-UX, AIX PS/2) */
/* #undef STAT_STATFS2_BSIZE */

/* Define if statfs takes 2 args and struct statfs has a field named
f_fsize.
   (4.4BSD, NetBSD) */
/* #undef STAT_STATFS2_FSIZE */

/* Define if statfs takes 2 args and the second argument has type struct
   fs_data. (Ultrix) */
/* #undef STAT_STATFS2_FS_DATA */

/* Define if statfs takes 3 args. (DEC Alpha running OSF/1) */
/* #undef STAT_STATFS3_OSF1 */

/* Define if statfs takes 4 args. (SVR3, Dynix, Irix, Dolphin) */
/* #undef STAT_STATFS4 */

TIA for checking the xffm/config.h generated file,

Edscott