xffm updates

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Sat Apr 26 06:39:06 CEST 2003

I've added the crystal theme to xffm, but the mime.xml file is not yet
updated so you can expect the icons not to be correctly defined yet.
Also, I restructured the FreeIcons theme to its original file structure
to make things easier later on, so it would be good to clean your
pixmaps directories before installing xffm again (rm -rf
/usr/local/share/xffm/pixmaps). I've also improved the xffm handling
from the keyboard. Most noticeable the alt key are now only for
accessing the main menu elements. And I've reorganized the options
sections and added a view selector with 4 predefined view (in main menu
and toolbar). And the "unselect all" and "select all" options are now
functional.

Edscott

ps. FYI, these are the current xffm keyboard shortcuts:

 Alt-keys send you to the main menu elements (translation dependent)
 alt-left shrink icon
 alt-right grow icon

immediate action:
 F1 = bring up popup menu
 delete = remove
 insert = new (file or directory)
 right arrow = go up
 left arrow = double click
 return = double click (yes, same action as left arrow)

control keys, imply action:
 ctrl-insert = double click
 ctrl-X Cut(gtk default)
 ctrl-C Copy(gtk default)
 ctrl-V Paste(gtk default)
 ctrl-L (List pasteboard)
 ctrl-K (Klear or Kaput pasteboard)
 ctrl-Q (Quit)
 ctrl-F (Find)
 ctrl-E (Execute)
 ctrl-A (select All)
 ctrl-U (Unselect all)
 ctrl-home (go home)
 ctrl-left (go back)
 ctrl-right (go forward)
 ctrl-down (go to)
 ctrl-up (go up)
 ctrl-P (print)
 ctrl-M (modify or touch)
 ctrl-S (symlink creation)
 ctrl-D (duplicate)
 ctrl-R (rename)
 ctrl-Y (disk yusage)
 ctrl-Z (refresh)
 ctrl-T (terminal)
 ctrl-N (new xffm window)
 ctrl-O (Open with)

and the shift-keys, to modify the view or xffm configuration:

 shift-F1 (Main menu toggle)
 shift-F2 (Navigation toolbar toggle)
 shift-F3 (File toolbar toggle)
 shift-F4 (Filter box toggle)