OT: Alpha system of unknown origin (was: Re: Build error on Alpha)

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Apr 25 20:17:09 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 01:52, Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> > gcc is 2.95.4, the machine is running Debian Woody/stable.
>
> Linux on Alpha? Poor world.

	This is kinda OT but...

	I have an Alpha system (I think it's either a 1U or 2U, haven't
unpacked it) that I got from a dotbomb sale.  When I looked at the Tru64
info it kept saying you needed this version of you have this HW or that
version of you have that HW...  How do I know what kind of Alpha system
I have?  Once I get out of my apartment and have some room I'd like to
set it up and play with it.

TIA,
Joe

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.