I want to try Xfce4 :-)

Pete Masterson mitchubus at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 17:06:01 CEST 2003

Hello everyone,

I am eager to try out Xfce4 and I've been following
the conversation on the mailing list for some time
now. As I am a bit new to Linux I would like to ask if
there exists a simple build script for Xfce4 cvs (or
even better: ebuild script for my gentoo linux) that
takes care of all modules i need? I don't really know
what packages to select from the list given at
http://members.home.nl/jbhuijsmans/xfce4-cvs.html. It
would be very nice if someone could outline the way
what packages to select in my situation: I so far have
only XFree 4.3.0 installed (still with twm) and the
gtk2 libraries and both are working perfectly. What is
the next step :) ?

Thanks already,
Peter