strange XFCE4 quirks

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Apr 24 21:30:40 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 18:48, Net Llama! wrote:
> I've started to run up a list of odd behaviors in XFCE4.  I'm not sure if
> some of them are user-error, or something specific to my configuration, or
> genuine problems:
>
> 1) gkrellm2 doesn't always obey the "don't appear on taskbar".  If i go
> into the gkrellm2 configuration, and turn off, and then back on the
> option, then it stops showing up on the taskbar, until i log out of XFCE4
> and back in again.  This could be a gkrellm2 bug, but i'm not sure.

It's a gkrellm bug. I checked the source.

You can edit .gkrellm/user_config and set the set_wm_state_hack to 1
(although what he calls a "hack" is the proper EWMH behaviour IMO)

> 2) xfce4-panel keeps showing up collapsed in the upper left hand corner of
> the screen.  Basically, i like to have it auto-hide, based vertically, in
> the lower right hand corner.  Yet, if i log out and back in again, it
> defaults  to the upper left hand corner, vertically, collapsed, so that it
> looks like this thin silver  bar.  As soon as i mouse over it, it
> 'unhides' and then i drag it back to the lower right corner, and life is
> good until i log out again.

It's fixed in CVS for a while (let's say about 3 or 4 days)

> 3) I can't figure out how to make the lock/logout icons appear
> side-by-side in a vertical xfce4-panel session.  They keep insisting on
> appearing on top of eachother instead, which uses more realestate than i'd
> like.

Set two buttons, one for each function.

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org