strange XFCE4 quirks

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Thu Apr 24 20:35:35 CEST 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:48:48 -0400 (EDT)
Net Llama! <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:

> I've started to run up a list of odd behaviors in XFCE4.  I'm not sure
> if some of them are user-error, or something specific to my
> configuration, or genuine problems:
>
> 1) gkrellm2 doesn't always obey the "don't appear on taskbar".  If i
> go into the gkrellm2 configuration, and turn off, and then back on the
> option, then it stops showing up on the taskbar, until i log out of
> XFCE4 and back in again.  This could be a gkrellm2 bug, but i'm not
> sure.

Works for me. I do have a similar problem with xmms, where I have to
reapply sticky state after a restart. Olivier can't reproduce that,
though ...

> 2) xfce4-panel keeps showing up collapsed in the upper left hand
> corner of the screen.  Basically, i like to have it auto-hide, based
> vertically, in the lower right hand corner.  Yet, if i log out and
> back in again, it defaults  to the upper left hand corner, vertically,
> collapsed, so that it looks like this thin silver  bar.  As soon as i
> mouse over it, it'unhides' and then i drag it back to the lower right
> corner, and life is good until i log out again.

This sounds suspiciously like a bug I fix a couple of days ago. When did
you update the panel last?

> 3) I can't figure out how to make the lock/logout icons appear
> side-by-side in a vertical xfce4-panel session.  They keep insisting
> on appearing on top of eachother instead, which uses more realestate
> than i'd like.

For size medium or large, the buttons are side-by-side; for smaller
sizes they are in the direction of the panel.

	Jasper