xfce4-panel horked?!

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Thu Apr 24 17:25:48 CEST 2003

Hey Lonni,

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:04:04 -0400 (EDT)
Net Llama! <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:

> I've been using XFCE4 on several of my boxes for a few months now, and
> the progress has been quite nice.  This morning I ran into a nasty
> problem where the xfce4-panel preferences appear to have gotten wiped
> out.
>
> Yesterday, the panel had 5 'boxes' with various icons.  Today when i
> logged into XFCE4, the panel has 9 icons, all them with the default
> silver gear icon, and there are no applications mapped to any of them.
>  Any ideas
> on where i go to troubleshoot & fix this?  thanks!

I have no idea what caused this, but to try and fix it, try to first
copy ~/.xfce4/xfce4rc.bak to ~/.xfce4/savedrc. Then logout of X, copy
~/.xfce4/savedrc to ~/.xfce4/xfce4rc, restart and pray your config
wasn't overwritten yet.

If his doesn't work you will have to manually recreate your own
configuration (changing items is done by right-clicking on them).

If you used the default configuration you can also simply copy
${sysyconfdir}/xfce4/xfce4rc to ~/.xfce4/.

Let me know if it keeps happening.

	Jasper