two problems with Xffm

Francois Le Clainche fleclainche at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 21 16:28:56 CEST 2003

Hi.

Congrats to all developpers. XFce4 is now my default desktop
environment.

I got two problems with Xffm (XFce4 CVS from yesterday, Xffm CVS from
today afternoon, french locale) :

1/ The first does not seem related directly to Xffm : accentuated
directories names does not appear correctly when opened in Xftree4.
Maybe it's related to i18n problems that you have discussed at the
begining of the month. It's a problem I have with Nautilus too.

2/ Collecting and erasing wastebaskets does not work at all.

Strace gives a :

read(3, "\t\2\27\t\3\0@\1\2\t\243\10\2\0\0\0\240\330[\10\nY\203"..., 32)
= 32
read(3, "\1\0\30\t\0\0\0\0\3\0@\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 32)
= 32
unlink("/home/francois/.xfce4/xffm/trashbin.dbh") = -1 ENOENT (No such
file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/charset.alias", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No
such file or directory)
write(3, "+\4\1\0", 4)                  = 4
read(3, "\1\0\31\t\0\0\0\0\3\0@\1\0\0\0\0\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 32)
= 32

Same result with a fresh new user account.

Both problems are on this screenshot :

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/flc.web/images/xffm.jpg

Thank you again.

Francois Le Clainche - fleclainche at wanadoo.fr